Optional Peace of Mind Program @fontSize>
Once your Uniworld cruise has departed, the Peace of Mind program will safeguard your vacation investment against unforeseen disruptions or delays which can/may occasionally occur due to adverse weather (including high and low water levels), natural disasters, mechanical breakdowns and strikes. For only $129 per person, the Peace of Mind program will compensate guests $500 per person, per day, in the event there are significant disruptions to the itinerary. The Peace of Mind program can be added up to 30 days prior to the cruise-tour start date and is non-refundable once purchased. Guests participating in the Peace of Mind program will also be entitled to join us for a “behind the scenes” tour of their Uniworld ship. This unique experience will certainly be among the highlights of the cruise.
The Peace of Mind Program Terms and Conditions @fontSize>
Uniworld River Cruises manages and administers the Peace of Mind Program (the “Program”). The Program is designed to be hassle free for our guests. If a covered event, defined below, occurs during the cruise, Uniworld will automatically process the event and send a check to the guest. The guest does not need to file any claim with Uniworld and the Program is different from, and independent of, any travel insurance claim that may be available to the guest.
The Program is designed to compensate our guests for significant unforeseen events rather than minor delays. The Program covers unforeseen events lasting more than 24 hours, including events that cause the cancellation of a cruise once it has commenced. Guests will be reimbursed $500 for each additional disrupted 24 hour period with a maximum reimbursement of $5000 per person, per cruise.
“Cruise” is defined as the published itinerary on which the guest is booked, as identified on the Uniworld booking invoice. Pre- and post-cruise land extensions, extra nights at hotels, travel days, and independent travel arrangements are not covered.
Covered Event(s) is defined as follows:
If due to weather (including water levels), mechanical breakdown, or industrial actions (strikes, lock closures) one or more of the following occurs:
- A complete halt to the itinerary for more than 24 hours, where we are unable to deliver the scheduled shore excursions, or alternate excursions of similar quality;
- An event resulting in our inability to deliver the published program except by way of coach rides greater than three hours each way;
- A cancellation of the cruise by Uniworld that occurs after the cruise has commenced;
A normal disruption is not a Covered event and there would be no compensation for the following occurrences:
- If a disruption occurs but last for less than 24 hours.
- If high water levels prohibit the sailing of the ship for an afternoon but the ship is navigated under the bridge that evening and delivers you to your scheduled disembarkation place the following day;
- If it becomes necessary, due to high/low water, to trade ships and the trade takes less than 6 hours to complete;
- If we have to make alternate arrangements for itinerary activities. For example, if due to prevailing conditions we are not able to visit Marksburg Castle and we select a replacement of similar quality, this will not constitute Covered Event.
Uniworld reserves the sole right to determine whether or not an event is a Covered Event and what amount of compensation is allowable. Any one occurrence or series of occurrences attributable to one source or originating cause is deemed to be one Covered Event.
Once a Covered Event occurs, Uniworld will, within 14 days of the conclusion of the cruise, mail a check to the guest’s home address on file with Uniworld. There is no need to file a claim with Uniworld. The compensation offered under the Program is limited to $500 for each disrupted 24-hour period with a maximum compensation of $5000 per guest who has purchased the Program. Consequential loss of any kind including loss of enjoyment or any other financial loss is not covered or provided under the Program. This program can be added up to 30 days prior to the cruise-tour start date and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply.