Visa Information & Frequently Asked Questions
What is a travel visa?
A travel visa is a document issued by a foreign country that provides permission for you to gain entry into that country. To see the travel visa requirements for a specific destination visit VisaCentral's Quick Check.
How do I apply for a visa?
You can apply online or call us for assistance.
Is my passport required to obtain a travel visa?
For the majority of countries, a travel visa is stamped on, or affixed to, a travel visa page inside a passport.
What if I don't have a passport?
If you are not a US passport holder, you must check with the consulate if they require a visa. If the country does, we'll send you your hotel list, flight itinerary (if applicable), and tour itinerary and invoice showing you've paid to travel to this destination.
When will my visa application be mailed to me?
Within 75 days of travel, a specialist will send you a visa application, hotel list, and tour itinerary.
How long will it take to process my travel visa?
The speed to process a travel visa varies for each destination country. CIBT can process travel visas for many destinations in as little as a day.
Countries & Vacations that Require a Visa
If you're traveling to any of these countries, a visa will need to be obtained.
Fortunately, several of these have a very accessible website to apply for a visa.
- Turkey: Apply for EVisa
- India: Apply for EVisa
- Sri Lanka: Apply for EVisa
- Vietnam: Apply for EVisa
- Cambodia: Apply for EVisa
- Australia: Grand European will obtain a visa for you, we will require a copy of your passport
- Belarus: You'll obtain your visa on tour, please be aware that you'll need to bring €60 (Euros) cash and a recent, passport-sized photo
- Egypt: US Citizens may obtain a single entry 30day TOURIST VISA on Arrival for $25 USD fee
- Jordan: A single-entry visa is currently required for our programs. You'll obtain a visa on arrival in Jordan, please be aware that you'll need to bring JOD 40 per person; credit cards are accepted and there is an ATM where you can obtain local currency to pay for your visa.
If you're traveling on any of the following tours, a visa information packet will be mailed to you: